.

Monday, December 5, 2011

seasons of change

dear friends, family, and followers,
its been a dry run. my blog dropped off worse than the stock market on black friday, 2008 over the last few months. i could blame it partially on those colorado summer sunbeams, sinking deep into my skin, filling my heart with blissful bike rides, healing hikes, and serendipitous concerts on a pile of red rocks that form a perfect amphitheater. but alas, now it is december! summer has faded, although her joys still bring ideal memories to mind.
fall came and went, and i had bunkered down in the foothills of virginia's blue ridge mountains for the season of change...
autumn was accompanied by daily drives to paris, the quitessentially quaint village that is home to the ashby inn. this small but charming bed & breakfast has been my little reprive from unemployment, and kept me happily filling others' glasses with bubbles and bellies with food. all the while, i have occupied myself to dream on bigger dreams than i could before of when i lived a more than contented life in colorado. here, in virginia, everyday is just another chance to reevaluate, recalculate, and rediscover my own potential. the edge of the unknown has kept me motivated, and has pushed me further on towards change. 
and now, as christmas lights blink on, and holiday tunes tell me its time to come home, i have heard the mountains calling me again. almost too metaphorically, the weather forecasts have warned of high-speed winds racing across the plains from the west, bringing colder weather to the east coast this week. the mountains are beckoning. i see friends' pictures of snow and skiing and feel a painful tug at my heart. worse than an old boyfriend's photo or revisit to a lost-love's goodbye letter, when i see snowy-peaks of mountains, an infinite void fills my chest, hollows me out, and grows cold with regret for ever leaving so much beauty...
but i am coming home. i cannot avoid my spiritual destiny. there is change in the air, and a place in my heart for the hearth-lands of the west. after months of waiting and wanting, i have decided that i am perfectly poised here on the edge of unknown to dive strait down into my heart's desire to test its faith, and my own fate. 
thats right, i am coming home to you, colorado.
fingers crossed, its happening, and as a very wise person once told me, shit is real. if i say more, i may jinx my luck, my life's perfect timing, and the hope that everything will work out. but to guarentee the realness of my situation, in two weeks (or less!), i will update my blog again with the whole story of how i may be the luckiest girl on earth.
until then, keep your fingers crossed, your prayers and meditations strong, and stay tuned for great news!
my soul lives in mountains.


No comments:

Post a Comment